Account Executive - Western Canada
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Country Manager, Canada Sales
British Columbia is among the world leaders in Electric Vehicle penetration and innovation. This role will be key to proactively ensuring the infrastructure exists to support EV adoption in BC and Alberta as well. In this critical sales role, you will have a successful track record and relevant experience selling hardware/software to a variety of Enterprise customers. If you have experience selling EV Charging stations and existing relationships in the EV, Electrical Distribution, Real Estate, or Public Sector industries, that would be a major benefit. Of course, you have experience identifying sales opportunities and working opportunities to closure. Additionally, you are working with VARs/channel partners and developing relationships with prospects and stakeholders is required. You are able to thrive in a fast- paced and ever-changing sales environment, be creative, independent, focused and an excellent problem solver.
What You Will Be Doing
- Meet and exceed individual revenue and contact quota.
- Qualify and develop new business opportunities from outbound/inbound calls, leads, general prospecting and email marketing. This includes cold calling and networking in the region to develop one’s own opportunities.
- Perform sales presentations and demonstrations to customers and prospects.
- Travel extensively into territory to develop and manage relationships with key customer contacts, present, articulate/clarify value, and differentiation, and win the business in expected timeframe.
- Partner with field reseller partners and/or service partners to develop sales opportunities and to support sales and implementation activities.
- Support training of new channel partners
- Develop territory strategy, including channel and internal resource requirements, for each account.
- Accurately forecast revenue for territory and accounts, maintain contact information, business history and opportunity details in salesforce.com continuously
- Develop a strong technical baseline through training and development.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- A history of success in developing, driving, and closing business and achieving quota
- You are an intense energetic self-starter and able to work hard, independently.
- A shown ability to multi-task and handle complexity
- Teamwork oriented, and a willingness to work to the benefit of others.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on commitments.
- Possess strong negotiation skills.
- Previous experience using SalesForce.com.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 5-7 years of outside sales experience required.
- Experience in technology or cloud services a plus
- Excellent social and presentation skills
- Excellent grammar and writing skills and be able to map out strong business plans for others to easily interpret and follow.
- Capacity to interact and communicate effectively with internal resources and executives.
- British Columbia
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.