With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Sr. Director, Segments and Channel
What You Will Be Doing
We are seeking an Instructional Designer to develop experiences and innovative learning programs for our internal sales teams and channel partners. This position involves updating and improving current training programs while designing and developing new hybrid training approaches. The training methods will include instructor-led training, eLearning, and virtual delivery. This position involves working with subject matter experts (SMEs) to assess needs, provide materials, and facilitate training sessions. The role will also oversee program implementation and evaluate content and learning.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Design and develop engaging, innovative, effective instructor-led and eLearning training curricula and courses.
- Capture requirements, build training designs, develop content, deploy content, and evaluate results.
- Collaborate with internal teams, sales trainers, SMEs and stakeholders to plan and scope requirements for curricula and implement creative learning solutions that ensure mastery of learning objectives and learner retention.
- Conducts needs and audience analyses to determine learning objectives and the appropriate instructional strategies and delivery methods for training requests.
- Create evaluation and assessment strategies for learning solutions, including surveys, testing, and other measurement strategies.
- Create and maintain a variety of learning materials, including eLearning courses, demonstrations, simulations, videos, scenarios, case studies, exercises, workbooks, instructor and participant guides, slideshow decks, scripts, quick references, job aids, and knowledge checks.
- Creates storyboards for e-Learning courses to include scripts, scenarios, visuals, and interactive elements used to engage and enhance the learner experience
- Develops e-Learning courses using Lessonly and create videos using Camtasia or other related video editing programs
- Establishes, influences, and communicates guidelines and recommendations for processes and procedures related to instructional design, content development, and project management
- Ensures that all educational materials adhere to design and brand standards.
- 5-7 years experience as an Instructional Designer/Developer in a corporate environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design/Technology, Education, Communications, English, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design or related field a plus, but not required
- Proven written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Basic project management and time management skills; comfortable multitasking and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to help reimagine learning products and take a creative approach to garner employee engagement
- Experience with visual design principles including images, graphics, and video
- Knowledge of organizational behavior, adult learning principles and development techniques
- Self-starter comfortable in a fast-paced and time-critical environment
- Proficient in MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook with advanced design skills in PowerPoint; knowledge of Google G-Suite
- Experience using a Learning Management System/LMS Lessonly
- Experience in a sales environment is highly preferred
- Full-time remote, on-site position in Campbell, CA preferred
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $63,000 to $123,650. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.