Staff Software Engineer-Java
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Software Engineering Manager
What You Will Be Doing
Millions of drivers will be switching to electric vehicles over the coming years. We need your help to make their charging experience easy! You will design and build back-end systems that power our driver apps on web, smartphones, smartwatches, and in vehicle. Your services will help direct drivers to the best place to charge and provide special benefits to our drivers across public and home charging. You will work with a collaborative, cross-functional team that takes ideas from the drawing board to full-scale implementation. Your outstanding work will speed up the transition to electrified transportation worldwide!
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- You architect flexible and scalable systems.
- You can lead a project from conception to post-release monitoring and maintenance.
- You identify large-scale problems in production, propose solutions, and work across teams to see them to fruition.
- You make thoughtful and respectful contributions to code reviews and design discussions.
- You are excited to dive into code you’ve never seen before, figure out what it does, make it better, and document it.
- You define user requirements, discuss trade-offs, and plan timelines.
- You commit to making your entire team stronger by mentoring junior developers and suggesting process improvements.
- You test your code to ensure correctness and minimize regressions.
- You have a respectful, positive, and constructive attitude.
- You have 7 or more years of experience building back-end software.
- You have 7 or more years of experience in at least one of these server-side programming languages: Java, Go
- You have a strong understanding of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- You know how to apply computer science algorithms and data structures.
- You know how to build reliable and scalable RESTful APIs for millions of users using tools like RabbitMQ and Redis.
- You communicate effectively with cross-functional groups.
Gurgaon, India OR Remote
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.