Country Marketing Manager
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
The Country Marketing Manager (CMM) at ChargePoint plays a pivotal role in driving the success of our electric vehicle (EV) charging solutions within country XYZ. The CMM is responsible for developing and executing innovative marketing strategies that enhance brand visibility, drive customer engagement, and promote the adoption of ChargePoint's products and services.
Marketing Strategy & Growth
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans tailored to the country's unique market requirements and customer segments. Align plans with the regional teams.
- Work with segment marketing teams to conduct market research and analysis to identify key trends and customer insights, and competitive positioning.
- Collaborate with Regional Growth Marketing and Segment Marketing teams to launch locally relevant campaigns that drive growth in country XYZ.
- Create reports and recaps to measure campaign effectiveness and analyze campaign performance
Channel Partner Marketing:
- Identify, onboard, and nurture strategic channel partners, including distributors, installers, and VARs.
- Collaborate with the sales team to optimize channel partner relationships.
- Create and execute joint marketing campaigns with partners to maximize brand exposure and generate leads for both CHPT and Partners
- Report on activities and track metrics to quantify partner program impact and ROI
- Align country specific key messaging and thought-leadership in close collaboration with the regional comms team.
- Work closely with the regional comms team to create content to communicate ChargePoint's value proposition effectively to diverse audiences.
- Oversee the development of content for digital and traditional channels, including blogs, social media, and email marketing.
- Define the events strategy and plan for country X together with the events manager. Plan and execute regional events, conferences, and trade shows to showcase ChargePoint's products and services.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless event execution and participation.
- Measure the impact of events and optimize future strategies based on data insights.
- Develop local media strategies that enhance brand visibility and drive positive media coverage together with regional comms team.
- Work with agencies to execute media campaigns, negotiate media placements, and track the performance of advertising efforts.
- Monitor media trends and identify opportunities for thought leadership and editorial coverage.
- Develop and manage the marketing budget, ensuring effective allocation of resources and optimal ROI on marketing campaigns in your market.
- Manage and oversee market development funds (MDF) for channel partners in your region
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field. MBA is a plus.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in B2B marketing, preferably within the technology or automotive industry, with a strong understanding of the EV market landscape.
- Strong experience in managing and nurturing channel partner relationships.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing marketing strategies that have driven business growth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft persuasive messaging.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and global marketing colleagues.
- Knowledge of marketing analytics tools and metrics to measure the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Native speaker (UK, FR, ES, IT – dependent on country).
UK, France, Italy, Spain
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.