Product Marketing Manager
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
The Segment Marketing Manager Europe leads our solution marketing for specific segments in Europe (CRE, Retail, Hospitality etc.). The Segment marketing manager plays a pivotal role in ensuring how well our target audience understands and values our propositions in a specific segment. Segment marketing forms the foundation for any growth and country marketing campaigns.
Own new solution marketing launches in Europe:
- Perform market research to deepen our knowledge about customer segments within the European market. Develop a deep understanding of our customers, products and our value proposition to the market segment(s) like CRE, Retail, Hospitality etc. Develop detailed profiles for your segment, including information about their preferences, motivations, pain points, and behavior patterns related to EV charging.
- Craft marketing messages that resonate with the specific needs and preferences of each segment. Highlight how ChargePoint's solutions address their pain points and provide value.
- Ensure consistency in product positioning across all marketing channels and collateral and campaigns.
Define Segment Marketing Strategy:
- Take charge of defining the full segment marketing strategy for the solutions you are responsible for.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams like, solution management, segment sales and country & channel marketing, to align marketing strategy and tactics with business goals.
- Drive successful solution launches and campaigns across European markets to achieve shared outcomes.
Content, Campaign and Collateral Creation:
- Work with content creators, designers and growth marketing to produce targeted content, campaigns and sales collateral, including Whitepapers, blog posts, videos, infographics, and social media content that speaks directly to the concerns and aspirations of each segment.
- Determine the most effective marketing channels to reach each segment. This could include social media platforms, industry events, online forums, and collaborations with relevant partners.
- Adapt marketing materials to suit the cultural, linguistic, and regulatory differences across European countries. Ensure that messaging and imagery are relevant and relatable to each local audience.
- Plan and execute segment-specific marketing campaigns, promotions, and events that align with the unique characteristics of each customer segment. Continuously test different approaches within each segment, measure the results, and refine strategies based on data-driven insights.
Enable Sales and Solution Partners:
- Empower the sales team and channel partners by providing them with valuable marketing materials.
- Develop and maintain sales playbooks, presentations, FAQs, and other resources to support their growth efforts.
Customer and Partner Focus:
- Gather feedback from customers within each segment through surveys, reviews, and direct interactions to refine marketing strategies and improve customer experiences.
- Be the subject matter expert on our customers and partners. Advocate for the voice of customers and partners in product development and marketing decisions.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) required. Technical expertise or a technical degree is a plus. MBA is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing, specifically with B2B software products, electrical hardware and/or B2B services.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences through excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Proven track record in developing and executing successful segment strategies and product launches.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively to drive results.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to collaborate with colleagues, cross-functional teams, customers, prospects, and partners.
- A genuine passion for emerging markets, the electric vehicle (EV) space, and associated trends.
- Candidates should provide examples of previous work, highlighting their expertise in writing, messaging, and creating impactful marketing materials.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English, additional European languages are a big plus
Reading OR Amsterdam
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.