Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
We're looking for more early members to join our Climate Solutions team! You may be a fit for this role if you’re excited to help Fortune 500 companies navigate an increasingly complex landscape of investor pressure, customer expectations and regulatory requirements. You’re willing to roll your sleeves up and go deep with prospective customers on their functional and technical needs, partnering with our sales, product and climate science teams along the way. You may be a carbon accounting aficionado or you may have never worked in climate before, but either way: you have a knack for learning new, complex topics and distilling them for others.
- Partner closely with 4-5 Enterprise Account Executives to analyze and understand customers’ businesses, climate ambitions and software needs
- Become a trusted advisor to our prospective customers—educating them about corporate climate commitments, carbon accounting, regulation/policy and the Watershed offering
- Build and share subject matter expertise on how the world’s largest companies can run successful climate programs
- Demonstrate Watershed’s unique value to prospective customers, through product demonstrations, ROI analysis and customer stories
- Scope complex customer engagements as Watershed expands to new industries
- Interface with Customer Success and Climate Advisory teams to ensure smooth handovers from pre- to post-contract
- Collaborate with Watershed’s Engineering, Product and Marketing teams to continuously improve Watershed’s products and positioning
You might be a fit if you:
- Have worked in a Solutions Consulting or Sales Engineering role for an Enterprise SaaS company
- Have partnered with Account Executives to scope successful engagements with Fortune 500 companies
- Master new concepts and technologies quickly
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills; can engage deeply with both technical and executive audiences
- Get energy from working across multiple projects concurrently and wearing many hats
- Are passionate about decarbonizing diverse industries, from aviation to apparel to cloud computing
- Are excited to join a startup and are ready to take responsibility defining a new standard for climate programs around the world!
Considered a “nice to have” if you:
- Have a background in corporate climate programs or carbon accounting
- Have policy experience, especially in climate/sustainability/corporate reporting
- Bi-lingual in French, German and/ or Spanish
This role might include up to 25% travel.
Where does Watershed work?
We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and some remote team members in the US and EU. Most of our jobs need to be in San Francisco / New York / London, but certain jobs are open to being remote and will be specifically noted on the jobs page and in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a virtual or in person interview panel after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.