Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Sunday, January 7, 2024
Xcimer Energy leverages decades of research on Inertial Fusion Energy (IFE) combined with groundbreaking new laser architecture. Our mission is to deploy fusion power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. Xcimer has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by leading investors, Xcimer is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. Join us in powering a better world with inertial fusion!
As a Laser Engineer, you will apply your skills to design, build, and maintain deep UV laser systems, diagnosing and delivering high-energy laser beams, and performing laser-based experiments. You will work closely with a team of optical, mechanical, and control engineers to ensure the stable operation of a large experimental laser facility. We are looking for our technicians to apply their technical expertise, problem solving skills, and dedication to quality to positively impact the future of energy!
- M.S. degree in electrical/optical engineering, or a related field
- Advanced knowledge in solid state and/or gas pulsed lasers and characterization of laser pulses.
- Ability to own and maintain complex laser systems.
- Advanced experience in specifying, budgeting, purchasing, installing, and operating laser systems, detectors, spectrometers, and other scientific research equipment.
- Experience in nonlinear frequency conversion processes.
- Independent troubleshooting and solving non-trivial technical issues.
- Planning, managing, and executing complex laser-based experiments.
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to perform scientific literature search.
- Experience working with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- PhD in Physics, Optics, or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in Matlab/Python/LabView.
- Experience in high energy optical systems working in the deep UV.
- Experience with adaptive optics systems including deformable mirrors and wavefront sensors.
- Experience in pulsed dye lasers.
- Experience in atomic/molecular spectroscopy.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Xcimer Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Xcimer Energy hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Xcimer Energy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Benefits Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave (must be employed at time of birth or adoption), short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 6%. Paid Time Off: 15 days per year based on weekly scheduled hours, 10 paid sick leave, and up to 13 company-paid holidays for all regular employees (including part-time), fixed-term, and interns. Equity will be granted to eligible employees. Equity is designed to allow employees to share in company results and success.