Pulsed Power Technician
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Sunday, January 7, 2024
Xcimer Energy leverages decades of research on Inertial Fusion Energy (IFE) combined with groundbreaking new laser architecture. Our mission is to deploy fusion power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. Xcimer has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by leading investors, Xcimer is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. Join us in powering a better world with inertial fusion!
As a Pulsed Power Technician you will apply your skills to build and maintain Pulse Power Machines and their various support systems. We are looking for our technicians to apply their technical expertise, problem solving skills, and dedication to quality to positively impact the future of energy!
- Assembly, maintenance, and operation of Pulse Power machines and their systems; which include: Marx Generators, Vacuum Chambers, Laser Systems, Pressurized Gas Systems, Oil Systems, and Water Systems.
- Work directly with pulse power physicists and engineers to troubleshoot complex electrical and mechanical systems.
- Maintenance of Inventory.
- Keeping working areas and work surfaces clean and orderly.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ Years working on Pulsed Power Systems
- Or, 5+ Years working in an associated field (mechanical, high-voltage electrical, energy).
- Excellent critical-thinking skills.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee of granted asylum
- Experience with Laser or Vacuum systems is a plus.
cimer Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Xcimer Energy hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Xcimer Energy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Benefits Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave (must be employed at time of birth or adoption), short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 6%. Paid Time Off: 15 days per year based on weekly scheduled hours, 10 paid sick leave, and up to 13 company-paid holidays for all regular employees (including part-time), fixed-term, and interns. Equity will be granted to eligible employees. Equity is designed to allow employees to share in company results and success.