Resident Electrical Engineer
Xos (NASDAQ: XOS) is an innovative electric vehicle company on a mission to decarbonize commercial transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment.
At Xos, we design vehicles from scratch, invent efficient and durable battery systems, write software to control the vehicle and its interactions with the driver, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
Xos is a people-focused company, and a great place to work! Perks include 100% covered employee health benefits, Betterment 401k, training, and growth opportunities, to name a few.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to work on something we can be proud of, on a journey to a cleaner planet. We’re go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Will you join us?
Xos is hiring a Resident Electrical Engineer to serve as a liaison between manufacturing and electrical engineering teams, while also providing support to testing and field service activities as needed. A successful candidate should be able to read and comprehend technical information for different vehicle systems, components, devices, and be knowledgeable/capable to integrate them into the electrical system of the vehicle. Being a liaison, this position requires strong participation in root cause analysis as well as on-the-line problem solving skills. The Resident Electrical Engineer will act on behalf of the electrical team in the cross-functional team at the plant and will be the link between the component and wiring suppliers, and the rest of the teams responsible for the systems integrated in the vehicle (e.g. thermal, cabin, air system, software, etc.)
**This is an on-site position at our Byrdstown, TN manufacturing plant**
- Design, control and implement electrical systems and products.
- Participate in daily issue resolution as well as root cause analysis for specific issues uncovered during launch or daily production activities
- Support the development of manufacturing processes according to global engineering codes and standards.
- Manage engineering projects at the plant and deliver them according to the schedule.
- Identify customer needs and requirements from the electrical point of view and incorporate those into the overall system design. Ensure that installations and applications are in line with customer needs and safety standards.
- Collaborate with engineers and technicians to design and apply new system processes.
- Summarize data and report on test results or findings from vehicle fit-ups or builds.
- Examine needs on new equipment, calculate costs and help prepare budgets.
- Follow up of the project status.
- High ability troubleshooting and support on the project builds.
- B.S. In Electrical Engineering
- Proven expertise as an Electrical Engineer on automotive applications
- Hands-on experience using design and calculation software
- Deep knowledge of the electrical manufacturing process
- Understanding of electrical engineering codes and safety standards
- Familiarity with electric vehicle architecture, LV and HV
- Experience having worked on commercial or automotive programs, launch experience preferred
Xos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Something looks off?