Human Resources Business Partner
Xos (NASDAQ: XOS) is an innovative electric vehicle company on a mission to decarbonize commercial transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment.
At Xos, we design vehicles from scratch, invent efficient and durable battery systems, write software to control the vehicle and its interactions with the driver, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
Xos is a people-focused company, and a great place to work! Perks include 100% covered employee health benefits, Betterment 401k, training, and growth opportunities, to name a few.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to work on something we can be proud of, on a journey to a cleaner planet. We’re go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Will you join us?
Xos is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join our team and implement various human resources programs. The ideal Xos HR Business Partner will have a broad knowledge of human resources functions, from onboarding to offboarding and everything in between the employee life cycle. If you have a passion for HR, are familiar with labor laws and look to level up your career at a dynamic and swiftly moving start-up, this is the place to be! Your role as an HR Business Partner will be far from one-dimensional. You’ll undertake a wide range of HR responsibilities, such as facilitating training, supporting dedicated client groups, providing strategic guidance, and crafting HR policies to name a few! The goal is to deliver best-in-class HR support and ensure the HR department’s operations runs smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to our Xos community and organization as a whole.
- Act as a frontline thought partner to leaders on all aspects of the employee experience: full employee life cycle, talent acquisition, organizational architecture, change management, engagement surveys, total rewards, performance management, career development, employee relations and off-boarding (to name a few).
- Analyzes trends and HR metrics in partnership with functional leaders to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Aid in content creation for learning and development efforts and facilitate training in an effort to create scalable business models for people strategies.
- Advance organizational effectiveness and solve challenges by tapping into your HR expertise, using good judgment, and driving data-informed people practices.
- Serve as a confidant for employees and triage inquiries in partnership with centers of excellence regarding benefits, talent management, leaves of absence, job architecture, investigations and career development.
- Partner with business leaders and dedicated client groups to determine the right organizational structure, skills and capabilities required to deliver.
- Co-develop and facilitate workshops and offsites to clarify team objectives (i.e. vision, values, OKRs) or team-building exercises (remote and in-person).
- Develop a deep understanding of our business and people as you proactively bring talent insights and help leaders see around the corner.
- Partner with Leaders to set the tone and culture required to create an environment where employees can do their best work.
- 3+ years of multi-location Human Resource experience
- A bachelor's degree required; Industrial Relations or Human Resources Management is preferred
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional Human Resources (PHR) credentials are highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written; fluency in Spanish preferred
- Strong knowledge of Labor Law and other State/Federal laws and regulations
- Strong understanding of Human Resources concepts, practices, programs, and methodologies
- Strong ability to work as a team with a result driven approach in a fast-paced environment
- Self-driven, analytical thinker with effective organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of Google Workspace preferred; HRIS systems (e.g. Rippling) will be a plus
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism while interfacing with all levels of the organization as a primary point of contact for the team
The salary range for this role is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Xos Inc. reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skillset, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, geographic location, and other business or organizational factors.
- California: $75,000 - $100,000
Xos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.