Xos (NASDAQ: XOS) is an innovative electric vehicle (EV) company on a mission to decarbonize commercial transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment.
At Xos, we design and manufacture EVs, create first-class battery systems, develop vehicle software, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
Xos is a people-focused company—and a great place to work! Perks include 100% covered employee health benefits, Betterment 401k, job training, and growth opportunities, to name a few.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to achieve a worthy mission. We’re go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Join us and be part of the future of transportation!
Xos is looking for an Assistant Controller to oversee the accounting function across our rapidly growing team. Our Assistant Controller will directly manage the accounting team while improving existing procedures and creating new processes that scale with our company. We’re looking for someone who has experience in a high growth startup, establishing financial processes, and who can jump from strategy to tactical execution without a hitch. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, analytical, and is comfortable presenting findings.
This job is not only about how well you lead the day-to-day accounting operations at Xos; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skill set, to an energized environment and highly collaborative team.
- Oversee the daily accounting operations, including general ledger, revenue recognition, accounts receivable, fixed assets, payroll, accounts reconciliation, inventory accounting and operational cash management
- Build strong internal, external, and cross-functional relationships
- Create, review, update, and enhance Company's accounting policies and procedures as well as monitor its consistent application
- Ensure consistent implementation of corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with US GAAP
- Ensure integrity of the Company's accounting systems, including chart of account set-ups, financial report development and maintenances between systems and general ledger
- Own the SOX processes related to various areas
- Own the accounting close process and reporting to deliver accurate and timely results to facilitate critical decision making
- Provide monthly financial variance analysis
- Administration of company systems, internal controls, and financial systems.
- Manage year-end financial audit and other financial compliance reviews as necessary.
- Oversee ASC 606 Revenue Recognition process, including but not limited to review of new contracts, all related revenue recognition accounting and working with the cross-functional team on new product introduction and revenue recognition considerations
- Draft, update, and review accounting policies and procedures, including white papers, that ensure the highest level of compliance with pronouncement and guidance with US GAAP, specific to our industry.
- Provide leadership to the accounting staff by managing, recruiting, and training employees
- Work on various NetSuite and other accounting systems automation projects
- Assist with quarterly audit committee material presentation
- Perform various ad hoc projects
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in accounting preferably within a fast paced start-up
- At least 5 years of experience managing an accounting team
- CPA with BS/BA in Accounting/Finance, or a related field of study from an accredited college or university
- Public accounting experience at a Big 4 accounting firm preferred
- Currently an Assistant Controller or Director of Accounting
- Expert knowledge of general ledger, consolidations, month end close process, and GAAP.
- Strong, analytical communication (verbal and written), and project management skills.
- Experience with NetSuite experience is preferred
- Ability to manage deployment of new software/accounting systems.
- Ideal candidate has demonstrated ability to partner with cross functional stakeholders
- Proactive & independent; solution oriented, creative, & endlessly curious; high attention to detail & extremely diligent
The salary range for this role is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Xos Inc. reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less that the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors, including not but limited to, job-related knowledge, skillset, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, geographic location, and other business or organizational factors. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered.
- California (Los Angeles Metropolitan): $165,000 - $180,000 annual base salary
Xos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.