Xos (NASDAQ: XOS) is an innovative electric vehicle (EV) company on a mission to decarbonize commercial transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment.
At Xos, we design and manufacture EVs, create first-class battery systems, develop vehicle software, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
Xos is a people-focused company—and a great place to work! Perks include 100% covered employee health benefits, Betterment 401k, job training, and growth opportunities, to name a few.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to achieve a worthy mission. We’re go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Join us and be part of the future of transportation!
Xos is hiring a talented Manufacturing Engineer to support the manufacturing team's efforts to design best in class manufacturing processes and create training documents to explain the process to build an Xos electric truck. This includes managing CAD data to understand and define the process to build a truck and create illustrations in Visual Factory.
The Manufacturing Engineer is critical to the Vehicle Manufacturing and Manufacturing process and will work with multidisciplinary teams such as Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, and Change Management to ensure that every vehicle is assembled to Xos specifications.
**This is an on-site based opportunity at our Byrdstown, TN Manufacturing Facility**
- Design and select manufacturing equipment, conveyance, lift assist, jig fixtures, trolleys, etc.
- Lead and assist production in all quality and process related mechanical topics and issues.
- Work closely with the battery & chassis development team and participate in the DFM review process for new battery and vehicle designs.
- Diagnose equipment failures, find root cause, and communicate actions taken to the rest of the team.
- Day to day coverage of production line equipment: respond to alarms, breakdowns, and Production requests quickly and efficiently to minimize downtime.
- Become expert level trainer on all machines in the assigned area and be responsible for the level of knowledge of Shift Technicians.
- Coordinate with other process, mechanical, electrical and support disciplines including project managers, manufacturing reps, and other stakeholders.
- Procedures and PMs, develop and maintain proper documentation of: all necessary procedures; periodic maintenance tasks, Process control, etc.
- B.S. in Engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent proven work experience as a Manufacturing Engineer in a process sequence defining role
- Experience in lean manufacturing and process efficiency measurements and improvements
- Catia experience is a plus.
- Work Instruction creation experience preferred.
- Simultaneous engineering participation is required in order to drive the best manufacturing principles into the engineering of the truck
- Detailed and organized.
- Eagerness to learn and grow.
- Prior work experience in the automotive or truck industry preferred.
- Experience in GSuite preferred (Google sheets, Google docs, etc)
Xos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.