Senior Electrical Engineer, Energy Solutions
Xos (NASDAQ: XOS) is an innovative electric vehicle (EV) company on a mission to decarbonize commercial transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment.
At Xos, we design and manufacture EVs, create first-class battery systems, develop vehicle software, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
Xos is a people-focused company—and a great place to work! Perks include 100% covered employee health benefits, Betterment 401k, job training, and growth opportunities, to name a few.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to achieve a worthy mission. We’re go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Join us and be part of the future of transportation!
Xos is hiring a talented and experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to support our Xos Energy Services team. The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for interpreting and providing guidance on charging infrastructure design and execution. The Senior Electrical Engineer, will coordinate with external and internal teams to develop best in-class standard infrastructure designs. The engineer will also support development of our in-house hardware and software products along with supporting manuals, best practices, and maintenance guides. To be successful in this role, the Senior Electrical Engineer must be able to thrive in a fast paced ambiguous work environment and be the expert on electrical charging hardware, software, and services.
- Collaborate PMO and Sales teams in the customer discovery process to scope out electrical engineering requirements and designs
- Review and provide guidance on site-layouts and infrastructure design to third party contractors
- Develop in-house standardized designs for electrical infrastructure (HV and LV) that can be replicated across various customers and use-cases to lower installation costs and installation timelines
- Support product development of the Hub, an Xos mobile charging product with integrated storage
- Work with cross-functionally to develop manuals, best practices, and troubleshooting guides for our charging product portfolio and Xos service team
- Support software development team in prioritizing and developing charging hardware features for our in-house software product
- Travel to sites to assess electrical capacity and viability for charging infrastructure deployments
- Travel with service team to diagnose, root cause, and fix charging infrastructure issues
- Minimum B.S. In Electrical Engineering
- Proven expertise as an Electrical Engineer
- 5+ years of experience working in electrical infrastructure, product development, or relevant field
- Experience in design, engineering, construction, utilities or installation of EV charging infrastructure
- Understanding of electrical engineering codes and safety standards (NEC)
- Familiarity with charging hardware OEM’s and electrical infrastructure (switchgear, panelboards, transformers, etc.)
- Experience working with charging hardware and software OEM’s preferred
The salary range for this role is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Xos Inc. reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skillset, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, geographic location, and other business or organizational factors. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered.
- California (Los Angeles Metropolitan): $105,000 - $150,000 annual base salary
Xos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.