Digital Enterprise Application Specialist
ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation, flying the world's largest hydrogen-electric aircraft. Our focus is the design and commercialization of hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address a variety of markets; initially targeting short-haul, sub-regional commercial flights up to 500 miles.
To date, ZeroAvia has secured the UK CAA permit to fly for its 19-seater Dornier 228. We successfully flew the Dornier in January 2022 and we are now gearing up for commercial production. Our achievements to date have been rewarded with significant investment and being invited by UK Prime Minister to be a member of the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only be without carbon emissions but also cheaper to operate.
- Managing tasks with good analytical skills (strategy, plan, consequences etc.);
- A comprehensive understanding of PLM/xCAD systems and design rules with an appreciation of the link between mechanical system design and other domains.
- Documentation and drawing control via setting up integration between CAD and PLM (Solidworks Integrational Manager – SWIM or NX integration e.g.) and updating the drawing templates;
- Support Procurement and System Design departments with CAD expertise
- Effective communication with both engineering and IT support teams
- Support EDA tool (Altium) and integration with PLM (Siemens Teamcenter)
- Organising and conducting the training for PLM/xCAD tools
- Collaborate with other team members of the engineering staff for zero level support of PLM/xCAD tools and system design efforts
- Ensure timely completion of project deliverables including procurement (renewal of the licenses and other services)
- Developing and updating the procedures of design and modelling standards along with the Airworthiness team
- Perform a variety of tasks, lead and/or support development of IT infrastructure activities from the area of responsibility.
Experience in Aviation, Powertrain or PCB design domains:
- Product Lifecycle Mgmt: Teamcenter support from the user side, workflow templates creation and Change Mgmt, Access Control Lists, preferences, Active Workspace interface administering
- Computer-aided design: working and optimising the performance of big assemblies (more than 300 unique components) in Solidworks. MultiCAD (Siemens NX) as advantage
- Computer-aided manufacturing: at least basic understanding of the process, CAD-CAM integration set-up experience as an advantage
- Computer-aided engineering (fluid dynamics, electromagnetic, stress, multidomain) in Ansys, Matlab
- Electronic Design Automation projects administering and setting up project side and library side with integration with PLM system (Teamcenter an advantage)
- Using and administering Jira/Confluence apps as an advantage;
- Familiarity with Siemens Polarion, NX CAD, NX CAM, MES, APS (Opcenter), Altium 365, Netsuite ERP, Solidworks Electrical as an advantage.
Diversity and inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.