Lead Fuel Cell Test Engineer
At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
Engineering designs our next-generation hydrogen electric engines. Working across Hydrogen, Propulsion and Integration divisions, they solve technical problems and help decarbonize aviation by finding solutions for electric propulsion, hydrogen storage, fuel cell technology, power distribution, thermal management and more.
As the PGS Test Lead, you will be responsible for leading the testing and validation of our powertrain solution. You will collaborate with a team of engineers, technicians, and external partners to ensure the successful development and implementation of our fuel cells.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive testing strategy for the fuel cell & powertrain system
- Define test plans and test cases to validate the performance, safety, and reliability of the powertrain solution
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the seamless integration of the powertrain system into the aircraft
- Lead and supervise a team of engineers and technicians in executing tests and troubleshooting issues
- Analyze test data and collaborate with the engineering team to optimize the powertrain performance
- Maintain a strong focus on safety and adhere to all relevant safety standards and regulatory requirements
- Ensure the documentation and reporting of test results, findings, and recommendations
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in fuel cell testing, preferably in the aerospace or automotive industry
- Strong knowledge of powertrain systems, including combustion engines, electric motors, fuel cells, and energy storage systems
- Proficiency in test planning, execution, and data analysis
- Experience with testing tools and equipment, such as dynamometers, data acquisition systems, and environmental chambers
- Familiarity with safety protocols and regulations related to powertrain testing
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for clean aviation and sustainable technologies