Supply Chain and Contracts Specialist
ZeroAvia is the leader in zero-emission solutions for commercial aviation, helping the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight. The company is focused on hydrogen-electric propulsion solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting a 300-mile range in 9–19 seat aircraft by 2025, and up to 700-mile range in 40–80 seat aircraft by 2027. Based in the UK and USA, ZeroAvia has passed significant flight test milestones, secured a number of key partnerships with major aircraft OEMs and major global airlines, and is on track for commercial operations in 2025. The company’s achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member to the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only without climate-impacting emissions but also cheaper to operate. The company’s hydrogen infrastructure team is seeking to deliver the hydrogen production and refuelling ecosystem required to fuel the transition to emission-free aviation
The Supply Chain Strategy and Contracts Specialist is a role tasked with overseeing and optimizing the complex supply chain operations specific to aviation. This role is pivotal in ensuring the availability of critical components, maintaining regulatory compliance, and managing contracts with suppliers and service providers.
The role requires working closely with the stakeholders and the engineering organization under the guidance provided and towards the direction provided by the SC Strategy and Contracts Manager. It requires being engaged with the industry to be able to contribute to the building of a global supply chain strategy, including the management of supplier relations. An important responsibility of the roles being part of the team on initiating and finalizing the contract negotiations for deals, technology development agreements and LTAs.
- Supply Chain Strategy: Contribute to the development and execution of a robust supply chain strategy tailored to the unique needs of the aviation industry (aircraft parts, maintenance materials, and equipment)
- Vendor Selection and Contract Management: Take on responsibilities for leading the selection of suppliers and service providers, negotiate contracts and manage supplier relationships to ensure quality, reliability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Parts Procurement: Monitor the procurement and inventory management of critical components, spare parts, and materials to support production, maintenance, and repair operations.
- Risk Management: Help the team to identify and mitigate supply chain risks, such as disruptions, recalls, or component shortages, to maintain operational continuity.
- Cost Optimization: Continuously seek opportunities to reduce costs without compromising safety and quality, exploring innovations in technology, materials and logistics.
- Performance Metrics: Monitor and report KPIs related to on-time delivery, inventory turnover, supplier performance, and cost management to measure and improve supply chain performance.
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with engineering and operations teams to align supply chain activities with the needs of the development programmes and operations.
Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or a related field
Our solution-focused culture champions fast decision-making and empowers our people. We value results and efficiency and prioritise achieving our mission in the most effective and innovative way possible. We collaborate as a unified team to create solutions and solve problems, so we want people who share our principles to join us. If you’re eager to take radical ownership and are unafraid to ask questions or challenge the status quo, then we want you to be part of our Clean Sky Thinking.
Diversity and inclusion statement As an emergent company shaping the aviation industry, we know that diversity fuels success and unlocks potential. We embrace being an equal opportunity employer and actively seek individuals from diverse backgrounds. We value the multitude of skills, perspectives, and mindsets everyone can bring to the table. These experiences ignite creativity, originality, and growth. We proudly reject discrimination in all forms, including that based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status