Tech Lead (m/f/d)
Clean Energy for everyone.
Welcome to zolar! We’re on a mission to make solar power accessible to everyone and are proud to enable our customers to use the power of the sun in their own homes while making an active contribution to climate protection.
Will you join us in working towards a greener future for everyone?
Your role at zolar
zolar seeks a Tech Lead for one of our Zolar Online Configurator (ecommerce & growth domain) or Zolar Project Centre (backoffice operations systems) teams, someone who can inspire growth and innovation. In this role, you'll lead a cross-functional agile team, guiding technical direction, and championing best practices. We value problem-solving skills, a focus on quality, and a commitment to mentoring colleagues.
We're seeking an individual with hands-on software development experience, expertise in Agile methodologies, and strong communication skills. If you're passionate about driving innovation, making a positive environmental impact, and leading with a growth mindset, we encourage you to apply. Join us in making renewable energy accessible to all.
Get to know our team's tech stack choices better by having a look at our Zolar Tech Radar that lists our approach to languages and frameworks, platforms, processes and development tools we are looking to adopt or trial further.
What you’ll do:
- Be a technical leader and a contributor in a cross-functional agile team.
- Be the people manager to the technical members of your team.
- Enable your team to deliver reliable, well-tested and scaleable code.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to determine how to design the backend systems and APIs to meet their needs.
- Work with peers across the organisations to scope, plan and implement topics on our event bus, and coordinate their usage in backend services.
- Contribute to software engineering best practices across the company.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product owners, and designers to identify and solve challenging problems in the renewable energy space.
- Support your colleagues to learn and grow by sharing your knowledge and insights openly and humbly.
Who you are:
- You have substantial, hands-on experience in software development in a team and a good understanding of the software product development lifecycle.
- You have fluency in writing production-level code in at least one of the languages of our tech stack.
- You have gathered people management experience and understand how to motivate, engage and grow your direct reports.
- You have a deep understanding of user-facing web software applications, of system design and of data structures.
- You have experience working with Agile development practices in modern technology environments (eg. AWS, CI/CD, automation).
- You have appreciation for championing quality (TDD, testing).
- You have experience defining requirements and acceptance criteria at a detailed level.
- You have strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
What zolar offers you:
100% remote working possible // Stay flexible
Whether you want to save yourself the commute to work or want to see your colleagues in person – you are free to choose how many days you work remotely or in the office.
Workation // Stay curious
As a digital company, we believe you can do your work just as well from the beach house in Portugal or the winter cabin in Sweden. That's why you can work up to 4 weeks per quarter from anywhere within the EU.
Mental & physical health // Stay healthy
Your mental and physical health is close to our hearts. You can expect 30 days of annual leave per year in addition to a mental health program in cooperation with Mindsurance and a discounted membership in Urban Sports Club.
Company pension plan // Live well tomorrow
A world worth living in is a matter close to our hearts, which is why we offer our employees support in their private retirement planning with the help of sustainable providers and an employer contribution of 20%.
Benefitsy // You have the choice
You get a monthly voucher budget of fifty Euros in the Benefitsy portal at your free disposal (e.g. Spotify, REWE, Sixt, IKEA and many more).
Dog policy // Bring your own dog
A variety of four-legged feel-good managers provide natural entertainment in the office and enjoy the attention of their two-legged colleagues.
Buddy programme & (team) events // Involved instead of just employed
Get off to a great start – with a buddy by your side and regular team- & company events.
Tomorrow Bank // Sustainable Banking
Thanks to our cooperation with Tomorrow Bank, you receive the Change-model free of charge for 6 months and also support climate protection in banking. Instead of investing in coal power or weapons, Tomorrow invests the money into the future.
Remote work equipment // Ready for work
We want you to be able to work as well at home as you can in the office, so we provide you with a one-off budget to purchase a desk, chair or other things you might need for your remote work. You also have the choice between a Lenovo ThinkPad or Apple Macbook.
Clean energy for everyone.
Inspired by our love for the planet, we are creating a livable future for all humans through renewable energy. Our mission is to build a solar system on every roof in the world. We enable homeowners to produce their own green electricity and at the same time actively contribute to climate protection.
Let's shape the energy revolution together – become part of team!
At zolar, we strive to provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, socio-economic status, ethic origin, national origin, age, culture, belief or religion (or its absence).