Senior Technician - Extrusion
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2023
Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants. We’re building a rockstar team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to saving our planet.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it).
Essential Job Functions:
- Be an active and reliable member of Impossible Foods’ Extrusion Team, displays strong work ethic, limiting distractions on the floor, and actively creating a positive working environment for others.
- Operate equipment of the pilot extrusion line, monitor and adjust running conditions, and measure required properties, and record corresponding data.
- Conduct changeovers, assembling and disassembling of machines and toolings.
- Responsible for keeping the work area and equipment safe, clean and sanitized.
- Troubleshoot and proactively solve potential equipment and processing problems.
- Communicate with all team members to ensure execution of pilot line trials.
- Responsible for attending assigned training sessions, acquiring knowledge, and following all procedures and policies related to safety and food regulations.
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
- Regular and reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned by supervision as needed.
- Work in powdered plant proteins that are known allergens including soy, wheat, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- A safety-first mentality and proactively keep an eye out for safety issues.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment required.
- Extrusion equivalent work experience required.
- Desire to be a hands-on, on-the-floor oriented pilot line team member.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to learn new procedures and concepts quickly and maintain a high quality of work.
- Ability to identify and analyze issues independently.
- Ability to continuously establish and maintain excellent record keeping, inventory, and accountability.
- Proficient with Excel and Word. Able to use or learn web-based work related applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- 3-4 years of experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment required.
- 2+ years of extrusion equivalent work experience required.
- Food industry experience preferred.
- Familiarity or understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
Impossible Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.