Quality Assurance Technician I
Oakland, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants. We’re building a rockstar team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to saving our planet.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it).
The Quality Assurance (QA) Technician I will follow through on set processes and ensure adherence to food safety, Safe Quality Food (SQF) and quality standards. The QA Technician I required to have a basic level understand of analytical techniques, food safety protocols, HACCP requirements and SQF
Essential Job Functions
- Be responsible for testing and recording ingredient quality analysis tests.
- Be responsible for monitoring and product food safety and quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Be responsible for identifying any out of specification results and escalating to production and quality manager.
- Be responsible for the accurate and correct recording of all relevant record logs and documentation.
- Be responsible for performing sanitation verification on equipment and other areas that encompass the environmental testing program.
- Ensures the correct recipe guidelines for products are met during processing.
- Ensure documentation is and results are recorded timely and are up to date.
- Ensure employees are following all Food Safety and worker safety practices.
- Ensure and educates employees on food safety, SQF and quality standards.
- Collect product samples for product development, lab retains and the laboratory when directed. Perform inspections on products, equipment and machinery.
- Perform internal audits of the facility to capture opportunities that may affect food safety, quality and SQF standards.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Self-motivated with proven leadership skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work 1st shift hours (5am - 1:30pm)
- Prior experience in food environment a plus.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, effectively under pressure, and deadline-oriented environment.
- Flexible availability
Impossible Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.