Principal National Account Executive - Foodservice
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants. We’re building a rockstar team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to saving our planet.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it).
As the Principle National Account Executive, Foodservice you will use your enthusiasm for our mission and your experience working with large-scale accounts to acquire sales with the industry’s most influential partners. You will be in charge of selling into account prospects we have selected for their scale and impact on our mission and working cross-functionally to support all aspects of the sales process internally.
This role is part of the National Foodservice Sales team within North America Sales. Our sales strategy and presentations are consultative strategic sales. We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of chain customers’ businesses and challenges who can navigate complex organizations and manage sales that impact departments across the Impossible Foods organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Actively pursue, develop and close new foodservice chain accounts (QSR/FSR’s, Fast Casual - specifically Top 50 accounts) while achieving goals and quotas
- Support the strategic plans for penetrating and closing accounts, as well as the ongoing management of those accounts
- Build relationships with key decision makers at customers across their R&D, Culinary, Marketing, Operations and Procurement, and Senior Leadership
- Coordinate complex sales with your key internal partners including product management, marketing, communications, insights, finance, legal, manufacturing and supply chain; includes deal term review with C-Level executives
- Work closely with entire Sales, Marketing and Insights teams on product launches, staff training, in-store sales and promotional tools for your accounts and prospects
- Manage a dozen of active strategic accounts and ensure continued success and sales velocity
- Be responsible for account list P&L and legal contracts - you will handle pricing and operator trade, guide promotional spend in coordination with your marketing partner, and will be responsible for negotiating preferential deal terms for Impossible Foods
- Use various sales tools (such as Salesforce.com) and provide regular reports to senior managers
- 12+ years of experience selling to enterprise foodservice corporations
- An ability to travel in the US and Canada up to 50% of the time with some nights and weekends required for customer meetings, shows and conventions
- Demonstrated experience in complex sales environments, demonstrating success in sales that have a major impact on our business, many partners and longer sales cycle (6+ months)
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated by previous experience utilizing systems for tracking sales, determining value of deals, and developing data-driven strategies
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, particularly with negotiation, deal creation and presentation skills
- Structured and organized problem solver who can drive projects to completion with minimal direction; attention to detail and ability to deep-dive when necessary; must be able to lead Senior/C-Level relationships and meetings with little oversight
- An ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, high-energy, and cross-functional environment - changing the world takes grit
Impossible Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.